How to prevent fine powder seasoning from making everyone sneeze/cough?

• I have had this occur with Teriyaki Snack Stick Seasoning in the past and most recently with the Buffalo Bleu Cheese Snack Stick Seasoning.

After pouring the seasoning into our mixing bowl that we use to add the seasoning to our meat mixer the fine powder seasoning of the Buffalo Bleu Cheese and Teriyaki Snack Stick Seasonings just hangs in the air and everyone in the surrounding rooms start breathing this into their lungs and start sneezing and coughing.

What is the best way to prevent this?

I was thinking that we might just have to pour the seasoning in a mixing bowl and mix with the water and sure gel outside before bringing back inside. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

• Admin

@NDKoze Some of those seasoning blends do get really dusty, and they are really irritable if you breathe them in at all…

You definitely just want to be extremely gentle with them once you open the package. Applying moisture to the seasoning will definitely help contain the dustiness of it. Mixing it into the water and sure gel mixture you are adding may help and could be the answer. I always use a meat mixer, and it has a lid, so I carefully open the bag and dump the seasoning in gently, then quickly place the lid on the mixer. I never get absolutely 100% of it contained, but usually enough to stop me from having a sneezing fit.

We have a Butter Flavored Seasoning and Marinade that I use to inject a lot of different cuts of meat with, and this seasoning is exactly like your description and experience with the Buffalo Bleu Cheese Snack Stick Seasoning. Since I use it as an injection, I’m immediately opening and dumping it in a container of water to dissolve and mix, and that does prevent a lot of the seasoning dust cloud that would make you sneeze.

So, basically dump straight into a mixer with a lid or dump the seasoning package straight into water are the two things I’ve done.
    If anyone has had better luck with another method, I’d love to hear any other success stories as well.

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.