celery juice powder

• I need to know how to convert down to 1 and 5 pound batches for the celery juice additive to make hams and bacon. Containers say for 100 pounds and i am not doing batches that large. Rhonda

• Admin

@meatmadam
    If the usage is 6 oz per 100 lb of meat, to recalculate for another batch size, simply divide the additive weight by the meat block weight (6/100) and that equals how much to use per lb of meat (which is 0.06 oz per lb). You can then take the 0.06 oz and multiple that by however many pounds of meat you are making, so if that is 5 lb, then you end up needing 0.3 oz per 5 lb of meat.

• Thank you Austin, looking forward to try it with my new vacuum tumbler! As the tumbler does not allow for 24 hours of tumble ( dial cannot be set longer than one hour )what is recommended for doing a ham?

• Admin

@meatmadam
    You will need to inject the hams first. After injecting, then take any leftover brine, and put that with the hams into a tumbler. Then, tumble for 2-3 hours. Hold it overnight in a cooler, and then smoke it the next day!

• Power User

Another way is with a digital gram scale. 1 ounce = 28 grams. 6 oz = 168 grams. 168 ÷ 100 = 1.68 grams per pound.

• @meatmadam
    I have been thinking of getting a vacuum tumbler for Jerky and everything else to experiment on. Can you let me know what you think and reccomend which one to purchase now that you have one?

Recent Posts

• L

@Departing-Contestant Thanks. Hard work good food

read more
  • @leesanders that looks amazing…lucky damn hillbillies

read more
  • In 10 years of smoking sausage and snack sticks I’ve never came close to the results at home that I have now. All thanks to you guys and the community here. Lifetime Walton’s customer earned for sure!

Thank you!

Now if only I could figure out how to load my pictures in the right orientation from my phone 🤦♂

84A706CB-74BF-470E-86B2-AB259DCBC752.jpeg

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

19 users active right now (3 members and 16 guests).
elkahoy, dmcbr871, hotkarl, Dan344, craigrice, Camohunter, flamer67, Holmescreek, tgreenwood, rickdeesmeat, thenry

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 8.9k posts in 1.5k topics.
We currently have 6.4k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Holmescreek.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.