Snack Sticks- Water-

• I’m going to be trying a few 5lb batches of snack sticks this weekend (Willies w/ cheese and Tex Mex w/ cheese). I didn’t buy a binder. Do I still use 2 qts of water per 25lbs (approx 12.8 oz per 5lb) with my seasoning/cure/cheese?- Thanks

• Walton's Employee

@nickh2185 I wouldnt use 2 qts of water to 25 lb unless you were using a binder and/or stuffing into very small casings. The 2 qts is to help making the stuffing easier in small batches and while it cooks off during the cooking process there is no need to add that time to your smoke cycle if you don’t need to. For a 5 lb batch I would use 1 qt per 25 lb and that would be just about 7.5 oz.

• Thanks for the quick response! I appreciate the help.

Recent Posts

• Unless your grinding frozen chunks or large pieces of meat their really is no reason to do that. Its not going to really hurt anything if you do though. But for a small grind with a smaller grinder just cut the pieces smaller so they feed through better.

read more
  • Try sticking them in your fridge for a few days to dry out a bit more. Uncovered.

read more
  • C

@pigman34 I vacuum seal 1 year no problems

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

10 users active right now (0 members and 10 guests).
Tex_77, Snake River Smokers

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 9.5k posts in 1.6k topics.
We currently have 6.8k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, keiratayor.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.