Casing Question

Recent Posts

• J

Well, I didn’t think to use binder with the notion that this was going to be a batch of jerky sticks. I think I’ll experiment with some binder next time. Thanks for the idea.
    I guess the binder will pull it all together like it does and maybe bond the collagen 100%. As far as the binder retaining moisture, I’m guessing it’ll have to give up the moisture eventually when being dehydrated.I will have to experiment more with it.
    Dehydrator temp: I can’t tell you what temp I used because I’m embarrassed to say I still have one of those old “set it and forget it” dehydrators. A good dehydrator is next in my list.

read more
  • @PapaSop lol…I was checking out the stove too. It reminds me of the Bosch Kenmore that I have.

read more
  • C

@Jonathon I am looking forward to that video.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

12 users active right now (2 members and 10 guests).
Ken1261, djc51, joduff, Skip_Anderson, Little_Loser, Joe Hell

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.5k posts in 1.4k topics.
We currently have 5.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Ezrolith23 0.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.