Seasoning and Additives: 202 High Temp Cheese

• Walton's Employee

Seasoning and Additives

Seasoning & Additives: 202 High Temp Cheese

Attend this intermediate level class from Meatgistics University by watching the video, reading the article and post any questions you have!

Safety Plate
    Safety Plate

Why Use High Temp Cheese?

Cheese is a great addition to meat snacks like Snack Sticks, Bratwurst or Summer Sausage. The advantage of Hi Temp Cheese over other cheeses is that it is designed to hold its form through the cooking process. It’s important to remember that Hi-Temp Cheese is still cheese, it is just processed in a different way. So, it needs to be stored in a fridge under 40°, if it is stored like that it will have a shelf life of 60 days but it can be frozen to extend that to 12-18 months. Hi-Temp Cheese will hold its form when heated up to 400°, most cheeses start melting between 130 to 180 degrees.

Recommended Amount

Walton’s recommends that you use 1 lb of the high temp cheese of your choice to 10 lb of meat. Some like it cheesier some not so cheesy but 1 -10 lb is a good starting point. These are cut into 1/4 inch chunks so they will fit through almost any stuffing tube, meaning you can use them in even the smaller sized snack sticks.

Choosing The Right Cheese

A couple of words on choosing the right cheese, if you are making something with a subtle or classic taste you are probably better off choosing the Cheddar, Swiss or Mozzarella. If you are making something with a stronger taste then you might want to try the hot pepper or the ghost pepper. Now, an important note about the Ghost Pepper, this is not like the hot pepper cheese that just has a little pepper taste, this stuff has a lot of heat behind it! We carry Hi-Temp Cheddar, Hot Pepper, Swiss, Mozzarella, and Ghost Pepper Cheese and they all come in 1 or 5 lb bags.

Shop waltonsinc.com for High Temp Cheese

Shop waltonsinc.com for Additives

Active Users

Recent Posts

• @rodneycaudill ok ok, y’all are convincing me. I will look more at the vacuum chamber. Thanks for y’alls input!

read more
  • R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics