• My pellet smoker is all on smoke so when it comes time to do the first part which is 100-110 with no smoke. I would have to buy an electric analog smoker and a PID to get it to stay a consistent 100 degrees for an hour. Well I have a curing cabinet I built and use. So for the first part can’t I put the sticks in the curing cabinet with a floor heater (one I already use for fermenting sausages) in it and keep it at 100-110 degrees for the first hour. Then I can transfer sticks to the pellet smoker once I need higher temps and smoke.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Buckscent That makes sense as long as it is able to hold that temp accurately. Can we see some pics of your curing cabinet with the heat source?

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size