First time fresh sausage, jerky and comfort food.

• What does one do when everyone is out of town? Yep, make meat.
    Living in a state where bratwurst is king (WI), I’ve never considered making a fresh sausage. With both the best commercial and local butcher shops turning out amazing sausages I’ve never felt the need…Until… finding Waltons. I totally blame Waltons, Auston, John and the entire Meatgistics community for even attempting this 😉.

A few pics from this past weekend.

Sausage…far from picture perfect but overall pleased.

Venison jerky…an old favorite

Wings…just comfort food to wrap up Sunday.

1553979288024.jpg

1553980009736.jpg 1553983030450.jpg

1554045121644.jpg Old reliable.

IMG_20190331_173948-1209x1612.jpg The best!

Wow. This got lengthy. Sorry. Cheers🍻

• Power User

@PapaSop I used to make fresh sausage only on special occasions because using a stand mixer for processing was such a pain in ass. I accidentally found these guys about 6 months ago…now I’m a meat processing addict. Walton’s and this online community offer an invaluable resource. Mmmm…sausage

DFB18200-5554-4D30-AAF5-0454DBD6709D.jpeg

• @Joe-Hell
    Totally agree. Been here a couple years but never posted much. Upgrading equipment, watching videos and reading all the posts. Finally took the plunge. 👍

• Regular Contributors

@PapaSop same here, found this board about a little over two months ago and can’t seem to stop coming. I used to process once a year, obviously deer season, one year my brother in law and I made 200 lbs of kielbasa! Now, with all the great info here I am making stuff all the time.

Great pics too! I would make fresh when we were tired of smoking and would vacuum pack them then too. I bought all my stuff over the last 20 years to make the once a year a little faster, now it just helps to make my weekends faster!

• @deplorablenc1
    Yep. We’re on the same page.👍

Recent Posts

• C

@blackbetty61 (Or anyone). do you just have 1 nylon washer on your auger? Or multiple washers? Mine has nothing now. I am sure it was lost before I got it

read more
  • F

You want to get it cooled all the way down before packaging, vacuum packing to prevent condensation from forming. That can cause freezing issues, freezer burn in the future.

read more
  • @chippewa we lost our thrust washer once, in a pinch we just made one outta a 5 gallon bucket lid…I think we still use it like that

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

23 users active right now (2 members and 21 guests).
BarnesAcres, Joe Hell, mjd1973, billwleod, wyattcrna, aleman, jackthelad, Brewer, bpschuebel

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 9.6k posts in 1.6k topics.
We currently have 6.9k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, wyattcrna.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.