Snack sticks

• Was just curious if anybody has tried to use barbecue sauce, hot sauce or anything liquid in flavoring snack sticks at all?

• Walton's Employee

@Rogers I’ve not done it but I just want to point out if you are going to try it make sure you aren’t adding any hot sauce that can be acidic. Franks Red Hot comes to mind as one that would probably denature the proteins in the meat which would make protein extraction nearly impossible.

• @Rogers BBQ sauce is a nice add to snack sticks. They are making so many flavors and seasonings now that you can pretty much accomplish the majority of your flavor interests that way.

• OK thanks for the input guys, some guys I work with were talking about they have done that so I thought this would be a good site to ask everybody I have not yet tried it but I do agree there’s plenty of seasonings to probably match the flavor!

Recent Posts

• T

I put in a pound to 15 lbs meat with willies mix… Everyone loves it but they all say its hot. Well that what I was going for lol. We all like that mix pretty well.

read more
  • @Denny Sounds interesting for sure, I think if we tried this I would use our Lebanon seasoning and add a little hot pepper to the mix first. I like the thought of spiral cutting it! If you do it again you know we would LOVE to see some pictures!

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

17 users active right now (0 members and 17 guests).
tarp, bob hough

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 4.9k posts in 1.1k topics.
We currently have 4.7k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Gordon Sisler.
The most users online at one time was 119 on Wed Apr 10 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.