Spicy little devils!

• Power User

egg.jpg

Just in time for Easter…spicy deviled eggs. There is nothing special to this recipe outside of the ‘dye’ for the eggs. I didn’t follow a particular recipe. Any family recipe will do. I hard boiled the eggs in an instant pot on high for 5 minutes with a 5 minute natural release before going to an ice bath. Instant pot eggs peel easier than any other cooking method that I have found. I held the peeled eggs in a pepperoncini brine from a jar of peppers. Notice the Easter yellow hue of the eggs! (Beet juice works for an intensely purple dye)

The filling was yolks of course…a dollop of mayo, a spoonful of spicy brown mustard and sweet tomato relish, a splash of the pepperoncini brine and a pinch of salt and pepper. I piped the filling into each egg using a sandwich bag with the corner cut out. Rather than finishing with paprika I used cayenne and Kashmiri red chili powder.

• @Joe-Hell
    You’re an artist…Luv deviled eggs.

• Power User

@PapaSop Thanks! These turned out great! Had I thought about it, I would have dusted them with the Bloody Mary snack stick and jerky seasoning I just received! I bet the dill pickle flavoring would be great too!

• Walton's Employee

@PapaSop @Joe-Hell -Yes, he is an artist but deviled eggs…hard pass!

• Power User

@Jonathon LOL. I’m not a huge fan of eggs but deviled is ok on occasion. I’ve always thought of eggs as liquid chicken. It’s an easy protein source for the diet so I’ve learned to accept them

• @Jonathon @Joe-Hell Special treats once only served to the “Gods”.
    And they make for an aromatic room a while later. 😱

Recent Posts

• @Jonathon I’m grilling lamb chops, pork chops, flat iron and three different kinds of sausage tonight. Also having a salad. I think this job is going to work out just fine!

read more
  • @Jonathon Touché!

read more
  • S

@Jonathon Thank you… Do you leave the flakes whole or give them a quick pulse in the spice grinder?

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

8 users active right now (0 members and 8 guests).
Ken1261, Ridds

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.1k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.4k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Buddy Matto.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.