Flying Prime Rib

• This is a recipe that has become a staple for my friends and family…against my better judgement it jas to be shared. For those of you who have heard anything negative about geese…please seriously reconsider and give this a go. I guarantee most folks dont know what they are talking about when it comes to what to do with their waterfowl.
    Marinade:
    1 cup extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp. Worcestershire
    2 cloves crushed garlic
    1 tbsp coarse salt
    1 tbsp coarse pepper
    4 small- medium Canadian geese breast

Horseradish Cream Sauce:
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup Mayonnaise
    1 tbsp Worcestershire
    1 tbsp fresh grated horseradish

Directions:
    Mix all marinade ingredients in bowl or marinade dish. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
    Fold sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, and Worcestershire mix well and cover and refrigerate for similar time for marinade.
    Grill goose breasts to perfect medium rare…rest for 5-10 min… slice across grain in 1/4" -1/2" slices and get ready to get complimented! If you dont let anyone know what they are eating…they will let you know how good your beef tenderloin or prime rib is! YOU’RE WELCOME AND ENJOY!!!
    570310989(2).jpg

• Power User

@erich52 That sounds and looks fantastic! There is no way I wouldn’t try that on ANY dark/red meat. Also…Bloody Mary mix. The marinade and cream sauce could be used in endless recipes.

• Walton's Employee

@erich52 That is amazing looking! Perfectly cooked and your cream sauce sounds great too. I’m wondering how this would be with pheasant that had been injected with the Pa’s Soluble Black Bull, Butter Flavored Seasoning or any other injectable marinade? I think I will try it and if we doa video I will give you a shoutout about it!

• @Jonathon pheasant, dove, quail, duck…this is great on all of them. Dove even does better with a bacon wrap and a chunk of jalapeno thrown in between.

Recent Posts

• @PapaSop I don’t buy too many packaged sausages these days (thanks to Walton’s!) but these were very good. They were on sale for $3.99 so I figured I couldn’t go wrong!

F4D000E4-D0E3-4B94-8CCE-1D866392F4F7.jpeg

I used the above seasoning on the pork along with an extra dusting of cayenne. The ‘Chicken Red’ works really when used liberally on chicken or pork. I don’t normally use premixed seasonings but this one is good and work fast to infuse flavor. It gives everything a great color. It’s salty and garlicky with a little heat. I stumbled upon it by chance and have only seen it at a grocer an hour from me. I stock up any time I get that way.

read more
  • @Joe-Hell
    Very nice. Johnsonville? Wow, from my home land. Pretty much how we judge all brats. Enjoy!
    Forgot to mention the taste of the chops after all that. Very good, unique. Will do again.

read more
  • @PapaSop no deals on chicken but I picked up some bone-in loin chops and some chorizo to go with my grilled jalapeños and asparagus! Everything turned out perfectly moist and juicy. The brats (Johnsonville) were better than expected. If the Excalibur chorizo brat seasoning is as good as those I’ll be quite happy.

F9B81D34-CF9D-4824-BEE9-945B0397247B.jpeg

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

8 users active right now (0 members and 8 guests).

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 5.5k posts in 1.2k topics.
We currently have 4.9k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Jane Scannell 0.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.