BBQ Baloney

• Johnathon
    If you are looking for a spring / summer item to BBQ. A fellow I worked with told me his uncle did the following when he was a kid. Well we tried it and it is great.

1. Buy a full sized baloney from deli or make your own.
    2. Need a rotisserie for the grill
    3. peel the wrapper from the baloney and cut spiral cuts around the baloney this will allow for fat to drip out.
    4. run the spit rod through the middle of the baloney.
    5. set grill to lowest temp to maintain 170- 200 degrees. You may have to open grill lid to maintain low temp.
      cook time 1.5-2 hours basting with your favorite BBQ Sause. It will get a thick saucy texture. A caramelly browned color also. remove and let stand 5-10 min rest then slice 3/8 to 1/2 thick serve on bun garnished as you wish or eat it as a baloney steak. Both ways are great.

• Walton's Employee

@Denny Sounds interesting for sure, I think if we tried this I would use our Lebanon seasoning and add a little hot pepper to the mix first. I like the thought of spiral cutting it! If you do it again you know we would LOVE to see some pictures!

Recent Posts

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

11 users active right now (2 members and 9 guests).
Joe Hell, craigrice, akdave, wrmsurf, 11Harley

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 5.6k posts in 1.2k topics.
We currently have 4.9k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, 11Harley.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.