Win an Alaskan Fishing Trip - Pass It On Outdoor Mentors, Blood Sausage

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

Win an Alaskan Fishing Trip

Weekly Blog Post - Win an Alaskan Fishing Trip - Pass It On Outdoor Mentors - May 2019

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long-term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce - This video is done and should be released in the next day or two

Homemade Dill Pickle Almonds - This is another video that is mostly done and let us take advantage of our new kitchen!

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

We are finally getting ready to work on the final class in our Meatgistics University Specialty Sausage class where we will be making Blood Sausage!

What’s on our Mind?

We are promoting Pass It On Outdoors Mentors contest to win a 2 day, 2 Person Alaskan Fishing Trip! They are a 501 ( c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to giving children the chance to experience the great outdoors. They match caring adults who have a passion for the outdoors with children that want to learn about the outdoors. You can buy tickets and find out more about it HERE

Noteworthy Recent Posts

@Joe-Hell Has a new in-depth post on his experience with Sous Vide Vs Reverse Sear that is worth checking out.

If you haven’t checked it out @Tex_77 has a gorgeous picture of his Beef Plate Ribs.

Meatgistics Community

Our community continues to grow at a steady rate. In the past 7 days we have had;
    40 New users
    123 New Posts
    23 New Topics

New Products

Our new Walton’s Hats are in stock and ready to ship! We went for some different color schemes this time and white lettering instead of the black thread. Check them out!

Meat Fact of the Week

Would you believe that Beef is not the most commonly eaten meat in the United States? It’s not Pork either! The most commonly eaten meat in America is actually chicken! This happened in the last few years and I would personally guess that the study that linked red meat to raised cancer concerns is partly to blame. The issue is that it is a faulty study where all they did was ask if they ate meat or not and simply relied on peoples answers. I don’t know of a better way to reasonably conduct a study like that but I know people lie on surveys and I would think eating processed fast food burgers or any junk processed food it a lot worse for you than a nice juicy steak!

• Power User

I’m afraid of no steak. It’s hard to pass on chicken when it’s .99/lb. though! Blood sausage on the other hand scares me quite a bit. It’s a thing of nightmares.

@Joe-Hell Yes, I would be lying if I said I was 100% looking forward to this one…well I am looking forward to making it. Eating it is another matter altogether!

• Power User

@Jonathon Have you guys done Haggis yet?

@Joe-Hell Another one that I am not looking forward too. I can tell you this, when we do make it we will not be making a 100 pure version, I am not man enough to eat sheeps lung stuffed into a stomach.

• @Jonathon Coward, bring it to me

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

12 users active right now (0 members and 12 guests).
djc51, Joe Hell

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 13.7k posts in 1.9k topics.
We currently have 8.1k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, edwards2.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.