Stuffing a little sausage today.

Recent Posts

• @Tex_77 That’s a tasty piece of meat! It looks like great results @PapaSop It’s amazing how many obscure cuts of beef that were once ground for burger are now choice cuts. I think we can both thank and curse at the millennial food movement on that one! Lol. If we dive into bbq history, brisket is perhaps the best example of a ‘throw away’ but now it’s a most cherished cut!

read more
  • @PapaSop They don’t need a marinade, but I’m sure it didn’t hurt anything. It’s basically a steak that is cut out of the shoulder/chuck. It has became pretty well know due to marketing efforts through the beef check off. They use to be dirt cheap about 10 years ago, now they can go for about the same price of a ribeye.

Looks like your end product was pretty tasty!

read more
  • Never tried this before. Trip to Wally world looking for sale on pork butt. Seen one of these. Looked nicely marbled but had no clue. Quick Google told me it’s flavor full but needs to be marinated.

IMG_20190625_171955.jpg

Went with first hit I had. Marinade looked good.
    Olive oil, basil, rosemary, garlic, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and some Cabernet.
    Vacuumed marinated in fridge for half hour while prepping the grill.

IMG_20190625_172102.jpg

Did a direct sear on these for 1 1/2 min both sides. Then inderect till 125. Pulled, covered in foil, rested for about ten minutes.

IMG_20190625_182026.jpg
    IMG_20190625_185709.jpg

This was incredibly flavorful, moist and tender.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

7 users active right now (0 members and 7 guests).
RDARST

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 6.2k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.0k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, gruizzly.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.