Pancetta Arrotolata!

Recent Posts

• @Parksider Right, but what if you didn’t get enough protein extraction, would the water have a reaction to the loose fat that would be greater than air?

read more
  • Only thing I will add to this is to make sure you are checking your manufacturers directions. If you try to use pellets in a smoker that is designed specifically for chips/dust it could cause major issues depending on you have the vents positioned.

read more
  • P

@Jonathon I actually think it’s less likely to fat out. Fatting out typically happens, at least to me, when I’m not watching the smoker and temp gets away from me. I think it’s easier to run the smoker at a lower temp, like 140-150F, get the right amount of smoke then finish in the water bath. The water is very easy to control the temp especially with a turkey fryer burner, you can really dial that in.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

18 users active right now (1 members and 17 guests).
Jonathon, trussguy1, Parksider, erich52, TeipenFarms, chippewa, scottsmith

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 8.1k posts in 1.5k topics.
We currently have 5.8k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, mark1962.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.