Re: Livestream - This is why I am team blue!

• Power User

This is my first car. I got it from great grandmother when I was 17. 1968 Skylark with 62,000 miles. 26 years later I’m almost up to 90k. Note the blue Ford and house trim. (I didn’t actually paint the house that color) I actually bought a guitar one time time because it matched the car!

buick.jpg

• @Joe-Hell Man, cars were sure pretty back then.

• @Joe-Hell

Did not know this was a site to show cars, I thought it was about spices, smokers & cooking. My truck is a 78 Dodge Macho, shortbox full time 4x4, auto, a/c, factory bucket seats, 360cid, 41000 actual miles, second owner, I remember when my friend bought it new. I’ll post a picture next week.

• Power User

@deweymeats Post up! I love all 60’s and 70’s trucks! We can’t run to store for meats and spices (and liquor!) without our favorite rides!

• Power User

@KansasDad I appreciate all of the classics. In many cases the ‘uglier’ the better! There are some truly funky cars from that era. I wish I had the foresight to buy all of those beautiful beasts when I had the chance. I’ve had so many great old cars that averaged about $500. Sadly, it was the ‘demolition derby’ that killed the classic cars. Auto mayhem as entertainment be damned!!!

• Power User

Here is another reason why I am team blue. I live near the foothills of the beautiful Blue Mountains. The first photo (not mine) is from the family farm. We settled here in the 1860’s. My grandma Dorothy (who I got the car from) grew up on the farm across the road from the barn. The second shot was one I took a few years ago just as the peas were blooming. Beyond the peas are wheat, barley and garbanzo far up the mountains.

B6B3FDD1-0DB3-4ADA-A9D0-67BDDFE070E3.jpeg 932C329E-CE6A-45C9-98BE-E63E3BB9A2A8.jpeg

• @Joe-Hell That and “Cash for Clunkers”. My sister had a 1969 Malibu SS 396. Black as sin and just as hot! Her son took it to the HS Prom build night and it was stolen from the parking lot. It was found 10 days later just outside a junk yard on cinder blocks and completely stripped. smh Why not just keep it intact and take it to another state?

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

13 users active right now (2 members and 11 guests).
Joe Hell, cdavis, number1baddog, djc51

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 13.7k posts in 1.9k topics.
We currently have 8.1k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, edwards2.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.