What did everyone cook today?

Recent Posts

• S

@s-a-m Thanks for that. We actually lined the pans with plastic wrap to allow the loaf to easily come out. I am with you though and have had aluminum do weird things with certain foods before after it sits in it for a while. I think the plastic wrap is a must.

read more
  • S

@John-Gehringer said in Meat Mixer:

@s-a-m Traeger pellets are 100% wood, only food grade soybean oil used process the pellets, not to flavor it, they are made in Oregon. I personally don’t buy their product anymore, because they have gotten way to pricey. I use Bear Mountain made in OR and a new brand Smokehouse that are made in OR as well. Get them at Smart Food Service for 1/3 less than the Traegers.
    Mesquite and hickory are 100% wood just not hickory or mesquite, their either Adler or oak with oils. A simple search shows that and most bags of treager pellets aren’t 100% the specie’s llike apple is like 30-40% apple and the rest is oak or Adler , I stick to lumberjack brand.( it’s a free country people can buy what that want) jm2c

read more
  • D

When you’re just starting out it’s much easier to learn with hog casings rather than sheep casing. Hog casing is much easier to handle and is less likely to burst. That being said, try watching YouTube videos by Scott Rea (@scottreaproject) or The Roed to Good Cooking. Both will show some neat tricks to dealing with natural casings.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

9 users active right now (1 members and 8 guests).
jeffchris83, srg158, Lisaisabel, ndmslm, kyle, Larry Eck, Koos1989, ck4765, Gilbert

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 11.7k posts in 1.8k topics.
We currently have 7.7k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Gilbert.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.