Gourmet Burger

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

Best Burger Ever?

Best Burger Ever?

Learn how to make potentially the Best Burger Ever with Walton's and Meatgistics. Watch the video, read the guide, and then post your questions or comments below.

Bone Marrow
    Grilling Burgers
    Finished Burgers

Meat Block

70% Beef Chuck
    25% Pork Shoulder
    5% Beef Bone Marrow

Additives

Ghost Pepper Cheese
    Patty Mix of your choice

Process

Ground your beef, pork and bone marrow at the same time twice through a 3/16th plate. Putting all of the meat in the freezer before grinding will help your meat grind quicker and cause less smearing. This is especially important with the bone marrow which is just a type of fat.

Mixing

We want to make sure we are getting the beef, pork, bone marrow, and seasoning all mixed in evenly but we need to stop short of protein extraction. If you get protein extraction on a hamburger you can end up with the wrong texture in your burger, it will be overly smooth like a piece of summer sausage. This won’t affect the taste but it will change the look and the way the burger acts when you bite into it.

Grilling

We used the Broil King 440 to grill these which allowed us to flip the grates up so the juices of the burger get caught in the trenches of the grates, this allows the burger to baste a little more in its own juices. On the side burner, we fried up some bacon and then fried up eggs in the bacon grease.

Wrap Up

The results were fantastic, we had a number of people here say that these were the best burgers they had ever had! The bonemarrow upped the umami flavor and the ghost pepper cheese brought a good amount of heat to it without overpowering the other flavors. We absolutely recommend this recipe for anyone looking to try to make the best burger!

Shop waltonsinc.com for Hi-Temp Cheese

Shop waltonsinc.com for Montreal Patty Mix

Watch WaltonsTV: Best Burger Ever?

Hi-Temp Cheese

Hi-Temp Cheese

Montreal Patty Mix

Montreal Patty Mix

• Power User

I’m not an egg guy but I’d eat that burger! I’ve been wondering about smoking the high temp cheese since my first order. I’ll have to give that a shot!

• Regular Contributors

@Jonathon I like the bone marrow idea. I usually use beef short ribs and the fat cap for it mixed with Chuck. Cut all the pieces about the same size, pre-blend, and partially freeze before grinding. I double grind the burger. First pass through a 10mm plate, second pass through a 5 mm plate. This is kind of course, but I like them that way. I mix in Excalibur Better burger, 1/2 teaspoon of dark brown sugar per pound, salt , pepper, garlic and 1/2 oz water per pound of meat. I gently fold the ground meat together by hand. Do not over mix.
    I use a #8 scoop and my Patty press with plastic burger sheets. Then freeze them before I grill them. The sugar holds onto the moisture and rapidly chars/sears the lock in the flavors. This blend work especially well with wild game.

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

11 users active right now (1 members and 10 guests).
djc51, glen, brettgohuntin, Joe Hell

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 13.7k posts in 1.9k topics.
We currently have 8.1k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, edwards2.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.