??? On pulled pork

• Doing a pork butt eith soluable pa’s black bull and a smokehouse rub, never have used these products, doing this for a church function and i don’t want to intense of flavors,too spicy or hot,any reccomdations, also shpuld it sit overnight or go right into smoker, put right on the rack or in a pan
    Thanks for your help

• Team Blue

pigman34 You won’t get any heat from the Pa’s…it’s more of a flavor booster if anything. You should be able to get an idea on the rub by simply tasting it. I normally inject and apply a generous amount of rub and let sit overnight before heading to the smoker…I might just have to go get a Pork butt.

• Team Blue

pigman34 I just picked up a small pork butt at the store and decided to go with the Bloody Mary Jerky seasoning and the Pa’s injectable. I will rub the outside with horseradish to give the seasoning something to stick to and let it rest overnight. I will finish with Tajin seasoning to give it a little more acidity like a real Bloody Mary.

• I just did a dozen pork butts in my smoker for a church function over the 4th weekend. I always leave mine rest over night. The most important part to me is to make sure you get the internal meat temp up to around 190 degrees… the connective tissue breaks down at that point and the pork pulls really easy and is super tender.

• Power User

pigman34 i injected, rubbed olive oil then with the excalibur ultimate pork rub and vacuum sealed and put in fridge over night before smoking. Everyone loved it

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

pigman34 How did it turn out? Did you like the Pa’s Black Bull on pork?

• Power User

Jonathon sure did, and so did the other 11 out of 12 people conpared to that half hog i did. They said that both were delishous but like the black bull better. Now with that said the 1/2 hog had alot more hours of smoke time which gave it alot of smoke flavor where the black bull had more seasoning flavor. 1/2 hog was 23 hour cook with approx 6 hours smoke and one 8 lb pork butt only had 2 hours smoke. Took both meats up to 160° then cut off smoke, wrapped in foil and finished cook to 200°. Both were extremely juicy

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at [email protected] with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

20 users active right now (1 members and 19 guests).
Camo_J, Tim Nollette, tmeiners82, Tex_77, dei3jr

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 17.7k posts in 2.1k topics.
We currently have 9.5k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Camo_J.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.