Dill Pickle Flavored Almonds

• Walton's Employee

Dill Pickle Almonds

Dill Pickle Almonds

Learn how to make Dill Pickle Almonds with Walton's and Meatgistics. Watch the video, read the guide, and then post your questions or comments below.

Pour Water into Seasoning
    Stir in Seasoning
    Bake for 8 minutes
    Add Salt & Vinegar Shake

Overview

The Dill Pickle Jerky and Snack Stick Seasoning is quickly climbing the list of most versatile seasonings, a while ago @Joe-Hell said he used some to make some awesome almonds, so we thought we would give it a try in our new kitchen and see what it was like!

“Meat” Block

Almonds (8 oz)
    Dill Pickle Jerky/Snack Stick Seasoning (1 tablespoon)
    Olive Oil
    Boiled Water
    Excalibur’s Salt & Vinegar Wing Shake

Steps

Fully dissolve 1 oz of the Dill Pickle Seasoning in a small amount of very hot water. Mix with almonds and shake/stir very well for even distribution. Lay almonds out flat on a pan coated in foil and cook at 375° for 8 minutes. Pull from oven, spray lightly with spray olive oil and then shake on some Salt & Vinegar Wing Shake

The addition of the Salt & Vinegar Shake here changed the overall taste, without that the main flavor was just the dill, there wasn’t any real pickle flavor but the vinegar in the wing shake really brought it all together.

Watch WaltonsTV: Dill Pickle Almonds

Shop waltonsinc.com for Dill Pickle Jerky & Snack Stick Seasoning

Shop waltonsinc.com for Excalibur’s Salt & Vinegar Wing Shake

Shop waltonsinc.com for Seasonings & Additives

Non-stick Grilling Mesh Basket

Non-stick Grilling Mesh Basket

• Power User

I have used this recipe and cooked them on the pit boss at 250 after the initial oven phase. It really seemed to help with the dryness and ensured maximum crunchiness. A mix of Teriyaki, Habanero Lime and coarse salt and sugar came out close to a slightly smokey BBQ flavor.

• Power User

@Joe-Hell The Chorizo almonds turned out great! I adjusted the recipe a bit myself by increasing (as you did) the seasoning to one TBL per half pound of almonds. This time I did the entire process on the pit boss and roasted them for closer to 12-13 minutes or until they looked uniformly ‘dry’.

• Walton's Employee

@Joe-Hell whenever you get the time post some pics? Also, I know you arent a big Instagram user BUT if you posted them and tagged us in them I would then go back and tag you in all of the pics I have used here. You should be able to get a decent following rather quickly, not that you’d care but it is pretty fun and you do take great pictures.

• Power User

@Jonathon Sure thing! I do need to get active with Instagram as I plan out a blog. I’ll start on that tomorrow!

My ‘diet’ lunch includes a few cucumber slices with avocado dip, pepperoncini, home smoked Colby Jack, salami and chorizo almonds.

FE00D766-5095-4F20-8785-4E99A9FFF906.jpeg

Recent Posts

• Side note. The only thing I’ve found cumbersome about the 20# mixer is having to turn it by hand. Probably why I bought the 44# mixer and grinder to drive it. I do know if you have the mixing shaft situated a certain way it goes in and out easier. I think the paddle end down on drive end.

read more
  • @raider2119
    Very strange… Never had an issue with mine. Wow.

read more
  • @KansasDad
    My son recently purchased a half from in-laws dairy farm. The steaks were awesome and burger was some of the best I’ve ever had. It was a milk cow at one point. The flavor was unbelievable. Interesting video.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

8 users active right now (0 members and 8 guests).

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.6k posts in 1.4k topics.
We currently have 5.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, beckjb.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.