Fried Onion Rings, Walton's Steak Cookoff & Car Show

• Walton's Employee

Steak Cookoff & Car Show

Weekly Blog Post - Fried Onion Rings, Walton's Steak Cookoff & Car Show

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long-term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

We just released Dill Pickle Flavored Almonds! We took this recipe from @Joe-Hell and made up a batch and they turned out awesome! I know I have said it many times, and it certainly seems like people are listening, but this seasoning is awesome and versatile! We might have to have some of it put in a shaker so it will be more easily available for people.

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

Talking about the Dill Pickle Seasoning Joe sent us some awesome looking sweet onions and what better to do with them than make some onion rings!? We recently started using the Bloody Mary Wing Shake with some regular flour and made an awesome batter for fried food, well we are going to see what other ones make a great batter, so far we are planning on trying Potato Seasoning and Garnish, Smokehouse BBQ Wing Shake, Gigawatt Hot Jerky and the Dill Pickle Jerky Seasoning. We will then let the employees here taste them and vote on which is best! I am sure we will find a few other cool things to do with the onions though!

What’s on our Mind?

A lot of our focus and effort right now is on the Walton’s Steak Cookoff & Car Show. If anyone is going to be in the area on August 10th come see us! $10 ticket gets you a complimentary beer, all sorts of samples from us and from JPs Custom Smoke, access to the car show and steak cookoff and all proceeds will be going to the Air Capital Flyers Special Olympics which is a great cause! Plus the winner of the SCA Cookoff will walk away with $2,000, 2nd will win $1,000, even the 10th place finisher is going to walk away with something!

Noteworthy Recent Posts

Everyone had to wait till I was away before they could start discussing the awesomeness that is the Chorizo Seasoning

@Parksider pulled the trigger on a PK 100 smoker and showed it off in More Equipment Hoarding Please Help but I don’t think we will help, I think we are a community of enablers and we are going to continue to push him to buy more awesome stuff!

Meatgistics Community

Our little community continues to grow at a steady rate. In the past 7 days we have had;
    30 New users
    162 New Posts
    10 New Topics

New Products

They aren’t 100% set up yet but we are going to be carrying the PK Original and the PK 360 grills! These are durable little grill smoker combos that do a great job holding heat and have all sorts of attachments available to them, maybe someday I will get to take on out of stock and play with it!

• Power User

@Joe-Hell Did you get your Power User invite from Walton’s yet to the steak cook off and car show? I heard they are flying us in as celebrity co-hosts to demo some products and teach @Jonathon and @Austin how to cook steaks… I’m waiting by my mailbox for mine…✈ 🥩 😂 😂

• Power User

@Parksider I’m down! Maybe my invite was lost in the mail?

Recent Posts

• @txbigly
    I’d say 30-45 days still isn’t too long. I wouldn’t go much past 45 though.
    As long as it is still in the original vacuum packaging, and the packaging doesn’t start to expand (gas released from the meat), you should be fine wet aging for quite some time. When you open the package, you should notice pretty quickly if it sat too long and spoiled. The odor will be quite foul and noticeable. So, I’d shoot for the 30-45 day mark, and you should be good with that.

read more
  • K

@Joe-Hell ROFLOL 🙂

read more
  • @Austin I had the three 3 in 1 gig once…once 😒

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

8 users active right now (0 members and 8 guests).
knifemaker3, pepper, bear99938

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.0k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.3k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, bear99938.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.