• Team Blue

I somehow scored a meaty rack of beef ribs from the local market. I’ve never seen anything but the ribs that look like a buzzard picked them over. These looked great and were only $2.59/lb.!

I slathered them in spicy brown mustard and then seasoned with a liberal amount of rub made with equal parts of the Chorizo Sausage and Bloody Mary Jerky seasonings before wrapping and holding for about 20 hours.

I threw these on the pit boss at 225 for about 3 1/2 hours with a “P” setting of 5, using Oak pellets. I then drizzled a bit of quality Balsamic and Worcestershire, wrapped in foil and went to my oven for 3 hours at 225. During the oven time I made a quick bbq sauce with ketchup, balsamic, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and more of the seasoning mix.

My base sauce recipe is pretty simple. One cup ketchup, half cup vinegar, 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey. Season to taste and adjust from there. Beer, wine or soda works well in there too. Normally I would combine ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes but I was making so little I didn’t bother.

For the last stage I glazed the ribs with the sauce and went back to the pit boss but cranked the heat to 425 and went with P6 for a bit more smoke. I cooked the ribs to 200 degrees and let them rest for approx 15 minutes. Delicious!!! I can’t praise the Chorizo seasoning enough. It’s extremely versatile and hits all the flavor points I’m normally going after. It paired particularly well with the Bloody Mary!

9E8160E2-48DC-4C22-B01E-6414297B7BDE.jpeg

813A6918-96D6-499C-926A-C62E73A5DB16.jpeg

48B50C5B-2CB4-475B-B7A3-B4B5949D9A97.jpeg

• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Joe Hell
    Look great. Can almost taste them. 👍

• Team Blue

I planned on tasting some for lunch today…until I forgot my lunch :unamused:

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Joe Hell Your ribs look amazing and I actually sprinkled some chorizo seasoning on white fish this weekend! I am sure to no ones surprise it was amazing! I would have posted some pics but A) they were frozen bargain brand so they were extremely thin and B) they were gone before I thought of it! To make up for that here is a pic of the ceviche I had a restaurant make out of my Mackrel and Yellow Tail while on vacation!
    ceviche.jpg

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.