Chorizo Bloody Mary Beef Ribs

• Power User

I somehow scored a meaty rack of beef ribs from the local market. I’ve never seen anything but the ribs that look like a buzzard picked them over. These looked great and were only $2.59/lb.!

I slathered them in spicy brown mustard and then seasoned with a liberal amount of rub made with equal parts of the Chorizo Sausage and Bloody Mary Jerky seasonings before wrapping and holding for about 20 hours.

I threw these on the pit boss at 225 for about 3 1/2 hours with a “P” setting of 5, using Oak pellets. I then drizzled a bit of quality Balsamic and Worcestershire, wrapped in foil and went to my oven for 3 hours at 225. During the oven time I made a quick bbq sauce with ketchup, balsamic, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and more of the seasoning mix.

My base sauce recipe is pretty simple. One cup ketchup, half cup vinegar, 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey. Season to taste and adjust from there. Beer, wine or soda works well in there too. Normally I would combine ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes but I was making so little I didn’t bother.

For the last stage I glazed the ribs with the sauce and went back to the pit boss but cranked the heat to 425 and went with P6 for a bit more smoke. I cooked the ribs to 200 degrees and let them rest for approx 15 minutes. Delicious!!! I can’t praise the Chorizo seasoning enough. It’s extremely versatile and hits all the flavor points I’m normally going after. It paired particularly well with the Bloody Mary!

9E8160E2-48DC-4C22-B01E-6414297B7BDE.jpeg

813A6918-96D6-499C-926A-C62E73A5DB16.jpeg

48B50C5B-2CB4-475B-B7A3-B4B5949D9A97.jpeg

• Team Orange Power User

@Joe-Hell
    Look great. Can almost taste them. 👍

• Power User

I planned on tasting some for lunch today…until I forgot my lunch 😒

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

@Joe-Hell Your ribs look amazing and I actually sprinkled some chorizo seasoning on white fish this weekend! I am sure to no ones surprise it was amazing! I would have posted some pics but A) they were frozen bargain brand so they were extremely thin and 😎 they were gone before I thought of it! To make up for that here is a pic of the ceviche I had a restaurant make out of my Mackrel and Yellow Tail while on vacation!
    ceviche.jpg

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

11 users active right now (0 members and 11 guests).
allen, Joe Hell, cdavis, number1baddog

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 13.7k posts in 1.9k topics.
We currently have 8.1k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, edwards2.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.