Mild seasoning.

• Is there any chance Walton’s will make some of there delirious seasons without all the bite. I sell hundreds of pounds of different flavors. The only complaint I get is , they love the flavor but it’s to peppered or hot. I would like to get some seasoning with all the flavor and drop the hot. Hope this gets back to me for this season batches. Tks Kens sausage shop.

• Team Blue

kstrantz I’d agree. I’ve noticed that the dill pickle and Teriyaki for example had more heat than I expected. I personally love it but I could see where it might be a bit much for the average person. With some trial and error you could scale back on the seasoning (maybe 10% to start) and replace that with some complimentary ingredients. Depending on the recipe it could be something like Soy Sauce, Worcestershire or some milder seasonings or a sugar. Different forms of sugar or sweetness (honey, maple syrup, agave, vegetable glycerine) will help balance the heat. With fresh sausages you could play around with small amounts of vinegar. I make an Italian fresh sausage with red wine vinegar at no more than 3% of the total meat block weight and it really adds a nice bright character.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

kstrantz We can do custom seasoning through Excalibur. They usually require large amounts being purchased at a time but if you had a specific seasoning you wanted to make without the bite that might be a good way to go? We would be able to tell them you like the taste of seasoning A but don’t like the spiciness and they could work to make a custom batch (available only to you) with a reduced amount of pepper? The only downside to that is the minumim amounts per order are pretty large.

If you are interested in that you could contact Walton’s Customer Support at 800-835-2832 or [email protected]

What Joe Hell says is probably the simplest way to go about it, the downside being that the other flavors might diminish as well. You could combat that by adding more of what you do like but even after all the test batches it might take to dial that in, it leaves a lot of room for error.

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at [email protected] with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

22 users active right now (5 members and 17 guests).
tarp, Brianzipperdog123, macgyver, johnsbrewhouse, julie_bugg, JPAP, markw1971

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 17.6k posts in 2.1k topics.
We currently have 9.4k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Chris195.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.