• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Vac bags finally arrived. Getting this past Monday’s smoke session sealed up. Some backpack snacks for this seasons hunt. I’m pretty sure I made a lot more jerky than this. But as you know, once you start eating it it’s hard to quit. Same reason I put it in 3oz portions.

IMG_20190905_165804.jpg IMG_20190905_172825.jpg

Here’s a little trick for those who haven’t done this. Just a little cut in edge of bag. Opens easily even with gloves on.
    IMG_20190905_173247.jpg

About a week away from opening bow season here. Time to replenish the freezer.

Have a safe and productive season everyone.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

PapaSop That’s a great tip and I am going to steal it for a Monday meat hack! Everyone should see this, some bags have it already but not all of them and this makes everything MUCH simpler.

• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Although this is unrelated. Picked up T-bones for 5.98 a lb. Usually a ribeye for my go to but this was a no brainier. Averaged 1.4 lb each. There was a line at the butcher counter. Freeze seven and have one tonight.
    IMG_20190906_144407.jpg IMG_20190906_145845.jpg

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size