Collagen casings

Recent Posts

• @Denny I’ve heard that taking an old dairy cow and finishing it up on grass for the last 6 months makes for a great tasting steak but it requires a more patient cook to get it to be tender. I haven’t had the time/opportunity to test this out myself though.

Do you have a preference?

read more
  • D

Since i keep cooking such good steaks on this grill i might as well share with you guys. I had 1 ribeye seasoned with Walton’s Ultimate Steak & Roast rub. A cast iron pan with (sorry jon) half a stick of butter, a little water, garlic and some mexican seasonings. I did a full chimney of lump charcoal and half a chimney of unlit charcoal as my fuel. The steaks turn out perfect if you do a minute and a half for the first 2 turns then once you flip the steak do 1 minute turn and probe to temp. I like to hit 118 degrees so it finishes out at the 125 i like. 20190918_191501.jpg 20190918_192401.jpg 20190918_193953.jpg 20190918_194526.jpg 20190918_200345.jpg

read more
  • @johnsbrewhouse We do have some interesting food markets around here. I’ll have to do some digging. I’ll be traveling to the Oregon coast soon. There are all sorts of unique shops along the way.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

17 users active right now (1 members and 16 guests).
Carmen, ronellcrossley, Jonathon, johnsbrewhouse, Joe Hell, Darkfish89, brazitoken

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.6k posts in 1.4k topics.
We currently have 5.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Carmen.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.