Arby’s roast beef imitation??

• Has anybody a clue on how to make Arby’s style roast beef ??? I heard that it comes in a powder and then add water and bake ??? Any body ever try to make deli style roast beef that can be sliced micro thin like Arby’s

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

angel4us I’d always heard it was liquid but I never looked into it…until now! Snopes (so take it or leave it) says it’s fake. Apparently they are shipped in bags that have a liquid broth and they have a soft texture to them which probably lead to the liquid meat theory.

As for what probably IS in it to let you slice it so thin, I’d imagine there would be a high level of stabilizers (same thing that lets soft serve icecream be so smooth), phosphates and injectable binders.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.