Smoked Cajun sausage

Recent Posts

• H

@Jonathon Another question: We had a heck of a time getting the meat into the 19mm casings. We made 10 lb. and used about 1 + quart of water. It took all our strength to fill those casings! Now our stuffing tube is 1/2" outside diameter, and 3/8" inside diameter. Do you feel our problem is not enough water or do we need a bigger stuffing tube?

read more
  • @twilliams i will say it depends on the smoke produced. If its a very small amount of smoke then maybe 5 hours but you cant do that with a high humidity cook cycle. I would just do 1 hour with heavy smoke. Dont moisten your wood, it dont create more smoke it just adds moisture in the smoker and smokes longer that i personally dont believe you need.
    So to answer your question hell no i wouldnt smoke snack sticks for 5 hours!

read more
  • T

@lamurscrappy 5 hours of smoke seems excessive to me

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

11 users active right now (0 members and 11 guests).
Chad Thompson

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 9.4k posts in 1.6k topics.
We currently have 6.8k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, bruce3.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.