fresh sausage with cheese and pickled jalapenos

• This past weekend I made some fresh sausage. I used 5 pounds pork, some carrot fiber, cajun seasoning, hi temp pepper jack cheese and some pickled jalapeno pepper slices. I did the math as follows. 5 lbs pork, for the cheese it takes about 5 pounds for 100 pounds pork. divide accordingly. the seasoning says 1 pound per 25 pounds but i went with 1 pound for 20 pounds pork. peppers I figured 5 pounds per 100 pork. the pepper ratio didn’t work so it was a feel thing. I’d love to say I eyed it up but being blind that doesn’t work. I am impressed with the way it came out. grilling or on the top of the stove works but we have also found that if you are busy, you can place sausage on a foil lined pan and cover it with foil. bake on 350 for about 25 minutes, flip and go about 25 more. uncover and go about 5 on each side.

• Team Blue

I have been wanting to do something with jalapeno and cheddar for a while now. Maybe this weekend!

• Team Blue Dry Cured Sausage Admin Walton's Employee Canning

no_eyes_processor " I’d love to say I eyed it up but being blind that doesn’t work. I am impressed with the way it came out." Thank you, I needed that this morning, I practically cried I laughed so hard! Good job man, that sounds awesome. How was the full bag of Cajun to 25 lb of meat? I made some Cajun recently at the normal ratio and even though I added cheese I wanted more of a cajun flavor. Now, that might be because I also made our NEw Jambalaya Brat and those things are crazy! The Jambalaya seasoning will be available soon, they are CRAZY and I can’t wait to see what people do with them.

The instructions call for cured ham to be added to the grind, rice that has been cooked in chicken stock and seafood and or chicken with Pork as the main portion of the meat block. They are awesome!

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at [email protected] with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

9 users active right now (0 members and 9 guests).
TexLaw, bocephus, IndianaJohn, Herb Manifold

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 19.2k posts in 2.2k topics.
We currently have 9.8k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, daveyw.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.