Mark from western NY

Recent Posts

• @blackbetty61 Yeah, I agree with @Parksider parksider, I have never had that issue. Has this only happened once? My thought would be for some reason you experienced a fatting out and that changed the flavor of the sausage, water alone won’t leech out that taste.

Hmmm I wonder if fatting out is more likely to occur in a water bath? Does anyone have any good way they can think of testing this, I’d be more than happy to run an experiment on it!

read more
  • @Tex_77 When I want something really specific or I have family in town I usually head to a local butcher that I really like. When I am just buying chicken, beef or pork for myself it is usually Sam’s or our local grocery store.

@Joe-Hell Rubbing it in that you have access to all that meat huh?! Trying to make us all jealous? Well, it’s working rather well…

read more
  • C

@PapaSop looks good!! With Beans here in Ohio. Going to make a nice venison vegetable soup sometime this week to use up garden extras.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

16 users active right now (2 members and 14 guests).
Jonathon, erich52, TeipenFarms, chippewa, scottsmith, KenQ

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 8.1k posts in 1.5k topics.
We currently have 5.8k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, mark1962.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.