Fall Flavors

• Team Blue

IMG_0822.jpg

I love this time of year. Cooler weather, the change in the leaves and the flavors of fall. Squash is in abundance right now and it makes for a healthy side dish.

Squash takes flavor pretty well and Walton’s has a huge selection of shakers up to the task. You can’t go wrong with the Butter Garlic Rub but the ones that really caught my eye were the cocktail inspired shakers. Fig and Spiced Rum, Sriracha Ginger Beer and Maple Leaf Whiskey have comfort food written all over them.

The recipe is simple…process your squash (I used Butternut) into 1 inch cubes, add sliced Onion and toss with olive oil and a liberal amount of your favorite seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees on a sheet pan for about 40 minutes (turning halfway through) or until tender and caramelized.

I had some fresh beer brats to cook so I added them pan and they cooked up perfectly. Be sure to turn them at the same time you do the veggies. Next time I do this I’ll be sure to add a bunch of whole garlic cloves and other root vegetables!

IMG_0823.jpg

• Oh My Goodness that looks soooo good!! Your description is mouthwatering, to say the least. I came across some dried roasted garlic from a supplier that works great as either a flavoring addition to meats, or ground, as an addition to a rub.

Its been almost a year since I’ve had squash, as it’s not on the Keto diet list. But I’m willing to work my macros around to try this for a dinner. Thanks for the idea.

• Team Blue

KansasDad I’m working in a few more carbs lately but portion control is key. I’ll have a beer or two as a substitute for other carbs. lol

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

Joe Hell How’s the reverse diet coming? That can be the hardest part for some people (myself included) once they reach their goal and try to add things they have been dreaming about for months, or even years back into their diet they can’t control themselves!

Mine is pizza, it is always pizza with me!

• Team Blue

Jonathon So far, so good! Since hitting my goal weight a couple of months ago I’ve managed to drop another 6 and have been no more than 4 lbs over my lowest since. I will always be on a lower carb kick but will allow occasional treats. One of those treats will be pizza and it will be soon.

I haven’t had a slice of legit pizza since my birthday over two years ago…ok, it was 6 pieces. It was the ‘Luau’ (BBQ sauce, ham, pepperoni, sausage, pineapple) from Sweet Basil in Walla Walla. I don’t care what anyone says…pineapple belongs on pizza.

• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Joe Hell
    OMG…Pineapple? What ever works for ya. I have had it but not my goto. 😁

• Team Blue

PapaSop Sweet, Salty, Spicy…embrace it!!!

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

23 users active right now (5 members and 18 guests).
PapaSop, Randyman, dkinum, alfawhisky99, frenchiegmc, hamboner, DougSmokes, jimm, Johnboy13, xdkihdaqwsdffgh

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 15.0k posts in 2.0k topics.
We currently have 8.5k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, dkinum.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.