Making jerky with snack stick or brat seasoning

• Can you make jerky with snack stick or summer sausage or brat seasonings by adding cure ???

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

angel4us Absolutely you can…I need to find a way to make this a well-known thing as we get this question very often and seems to be coming up more and more recently.

Yes, you can absolutely use Jerky Seasoning to make Snack Sticks and vice versa. If you use a seasoning that is made for snack sticks, summer sausage or brats it might give a slightly stronger taste in jerky so if you want to back it off a little that’s fine. I wouldn’t back it off too much though, perhaps 5% or so. Personally I just add the regular amount and enjoy the slightly strong taste.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size