Water ratio for Sure Gel

Recent Posts

• @Jonathon well since I haven’t seen the video drop, here’s some pizza dough for Pizza week!
    20200117_202718.jpg

read more
  • @Retired-RailRoader they look tasty good job

read more
  • R

C7321CCD-97F4-4BC4-834B-3A60809D7EE3.jpeg 516A4C7B-ACCE-44A5-8110-BFC863B3994E.jpeg B72BD394-6FDB-4EAB-8F0A-CDEF436AC55A.jpeg 952E13F5-CEE5-4F5B-8564-AEEDBCA14159.jpeg
    I finally got around to try my hand at chicken sausage. I used Walton’s Supreme Pizza Bratwurst Seasoning with their hi temp mozzarella cheese. I ground up 3.5lbs of chicken thighs with some of the skin through a 4.5mm plate. Once the chicken was ground I added the Supreme Pizza Bratwurst Seasoning per Walton’s conversation chart. Instead of water I used low sodium chicken broth. With everything mixed I then mixed in the 7oz. of the hi temp cheese. I stuffed them into 24-26 sheep casings. Grilled a few up for dinner and the rest will be going in the freezer. Two things I will do a little different next time. I’ll reduce the amount of cheese as the cheese seemed to be the predominant flavor. I will also reduce the amount of liquid as it seems chicken needs less then pork or beef as the slurry was a little loose.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

6 users active right now (0 members and 6 guests).
indybleck

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 11.2k posts in 1.7k topics.
We currently have 7.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, systemactivation.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.