Encapsulated Citric Acid

• Just wondering how long I have once my casings are stuffed before I need to get them in the smoker when using encapsulated citric acid.
    I plan on making 25 lb. of Summer Sausage and because my mixer and stuffer can only fit 12.5 lb. I need to make 2 batches.
    Can I hold off smoking the first batch until the second batch is done so I can smoke everything at once or is that a bad idea?
    I don’t think it would be over an hour to complete the second batch.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

RatguyGary You should have no issue with this as long as you add the Encapsulated Citric Acid during the last minute of mixing. The cotton seed oil coating on the citric acid will easily stand up to being in cold meat for a few hours, so you are good to go!

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size