Why not sell smaller batches of seasoning

• I got ready to place an order an noticed many of the seasonings you carry are only available in quantities to mix 100# batches. Why are the batches so large? I make most of my summer sausage from a venison and pork mix after we’ve taken the cuts for steaks, made our ground and canned a few quarts. That being said doesn’t leave a lot for sausages, thus a 100# mix could last me years.
    Am I missing something?

• Team Blue Regular Contributors

denny66 not sure which ones you’re looking at but most of the ones that I’ve bought were #25 batches except for the tons summer I did have to buy a #100 batch of that…they do have a bunch for #25 batches seasonings…if you make sausage with friends you could always share… that’s what we do, then seasonings don’t sit around so long

• blackbetty61 said in Why not sell smaller batches of seasoning:

denny66 not sure which ones you’re looking at but most of the ones that I’ve bought were #25 batches except for the tons summer I did have to buy a #100 batch of that…they do have a bunch for #25 batches seasonings…if you make sausage with friends you could always share… that’s what we do, then seasonings don’t sit around so long

I guess I’m going to stand partially corrected. I was looking at the Willies Snack Stick. I went back and looked and it appears there’s 2 versions. One without MSG and I assume the other is with MSG. I suppose that’s what happens when you look things up on a phone.
    blackbetty61 your suggestion of sharing is a great idea but the two who I make sausage Etc with are family members. I have the grinder, stuffer, smoker and supplies needed to do the work and they have the wants. I don’t think we would ever use a 100# mix. We will do about 25# then hopefully try another blend. I’m looking forward to the Willies as everyone really seems to like it.
    My apologies to Jonathan & Austin.

denny66 yea that makes it hard to share seasonings when you make sausage with family …it’s always fun to try different flavors… one thing that I plan on trying is taking my #100 tons Summer sausage seasoning and making snack sticks or ground jerky or maybe even making some ring sausage…sometimes I think Walton’s has too many flavors to choose from the possibilities are endless

denny66 another thing that might help is request a catalog if you don’t have one I’m kinda old school that way I’d rather turn a page and look at something than look on a computer or phone…or if you place a order I think they send you one with

• blackbetty61 said in Why not sell smaller batches of seasoning:

denny66 another thing that might help is request a catalog if you don’t have one I’m kinda old school that way I’d rather turn a page and look at something than look on a computer or phone…or if you place a order I think they send you one with

blackbetty61 as my Dad used to say. You hit the nail on the head!

Good idea!

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

denny66 No worries! The 100 lb are obviously geared more towards commercial customers and most of them also have a 25 lb batch, Ton’s is the only one off the top of my head that doesn’t

• I have not been able to find a 25 lb meat mixer so a 20 lb pack of seasoning would be nice …

• 33196frank The Weston 44lb meat mixer works great for 25lb batches. I used to mix by hand because I only had a 20lb mixer.

• chrisndee2.
    I have the 20lb mixer too and I split the 25lb seasonings in half as well as the cures and additives to 12 1/2 lbs of meat and was a perfect amount for 20lb mixer. Much more easier and efficient than doing by hand. To do the full 25lb mix, best with the bigger mixer

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

12 users active right now (1 members and 11 guests).
poppaschmuck, tessakathryn, Joe Hell, SamHale, JerkyIsMySalad

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 15.7k posts in 2.0k topics.
We currently have 8.8k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, poppaschmuck.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.