Busy couple days

• I made some chili dogs with pepper jack cheese, Jalapeño with ghost pepper cheese sticks, and Willies with pepper jack cheese sticks.
    Everything came out Great! Here is the process I used for all of them except I did use a food processor on the hot dog meat.

Jalapeño sticks with ghost pepper cheese
    Seasoning from Waltons
    Came out excellent!

3 1/2# venison
    2 1/2# pork shoulder
    1/2# beef fat
    1/2 # high temp ghost pepper cheese
    1 1/4 cup water
    Cure
    Waltons jalapeño snack stick seasoning
    Carrot fiber for binder

-Grind the meat thru 3/8” plate once then thru 1/8 inch plate twice.
    -Add seasoning,cure, water and mix in kitchen aid in batches until very sticky. Then add cheese and carrot fiber and mix well

• stuff into 19mm smoked collagen casings
      Put in fridge overnight
    • pull meat out and let get to room temp on racks while smoker warms
      -set smoker to 120* with no smoke and dampers open and put meat in for one hour.
    • raise temp to 140* and add smoke.
      And smoke for 2 hours
    • raise to 145* for 1 hour
      -get a pot of water on stove to 170* and add snack sticks from smoker and put probe in one and cook until 160* IT is reached.
    • put in ice water bath to cool.
      -put on towel and dry then put on racks and let dry for an hour or so
    • vacuum pack and put in fridge overnight then put in freezer.
      44F1406B-1D6A-468E-810F-3AF5E8548B35.jpeg D6FE3B45-2E72-445D-BE2B-D9BE76BB0393.jpeg 48382DDD-4EEA-4184-8331-944FB19317A7.jpeg 54ADC695-4D9F-4699-A71D-E397FB1CDB9F.jpeg
  • Team Blue Dry Cured Sausage Admin Walton's Employee Canning

chippewa Looks like your time was very well spent! What were your thoughts on the Ghost Pepper with the Jalapeno?

• Regular Contributors

Look great ,got to try some ghost pepper it sticks only did it in summer sausage. Congrats

• Jonathon said in Busy couple days:

chippewa Looks like your time was very well spent! What were your thoughts on the Ghost Pepper with the Jalapeno?

Thanks Jonathon I think it is A perfect Blend!! And about 1/2 of my friends love it And the other 1/2 think it’s way to hot 🥵 So I did the Willies with pepper jack for them.

• Team Blue Dry Cured Sausage Admin Walton's Employee Canning

chippewa Less for them is more for you and that was awful nice of you to make a separate batch. Willies is always the choice for a not hot snack stick in my mind, I love that stuff!

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at podcast@waltonsinc.com with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

34 users active right now (2 members and 32 guests).
amorr19, archhaymaker

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 24.9k posts in 2.6k topics.
We currently have 11.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, dangerang.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.