Addiction

• Regular Contributors

Addiction is real!! Just put in a $400 order of seasonings and such. I now compare this to BassProshops or Cabelas. There is no way you are walking out without spending less than $100. I call them the $100 store…lol. Looking forward to making the ghost and hot pepper sticks with Willies. And several other flavors, pizza being one of them

• I know what you mean, I keep looking at those PK100 smokers and trying to resist the urge…

• Regular Contributors

@Brianh let your urge take over, you wont be disappointed

• Regular Contributors

My wife knows if I walk into any cooking,BBQ, or liquor store, that I’m going to be dropping some cash.

• Walton's Employee

@Brianh I’m biassed, no way around it but I honestly think that the PK100 is worth the investment. There just isn’t another vertical smoker in that range that has that insulation and quality build. I can almost guarantee that one day your kids, or some other family member will have it, they are built to last. And, sorry for anyone who is reading this for the 100th time, I think it puts AT LEAST as good of a smoke color and flavor into meat as its big Brothers the 500 and 500T do. Takes longer to cook than on a 500T obviously but I’ve pulled hams and bacon from both and I prefer it in the PK…again, I am biassed!

@twilliams There are worse things to be addicted to, glad we got your business!

@Tex_77 and anyone else, what is your drink of choice? We probably need to make a thread on this subject actually? A cool thing we could do would be to try to have a few of everyones favorite during either the livestream or the podcast, that way we could discuss that as well? Sounds like a good way to make Walton’s pick up the tab on me trying a bunch of new beers/liquor! Myself, I love a good Tequila, Don Julio Anejo was my favorite until it jumped about $20 bottle when it got really popular. Now I like Don Eduardo

• Regular Contributors

@Jonathon You should have some Two Fingers tequila.

• Power User

@Jonathon drink of choice is ole smoky Tennessee moonshine , whiskey made in Maine and Busch beer

• Regular Contributors

@craigrice There’s now a separate thread for this Drink of Choice. Now are you talking Busch or Busch Latte?

• Power User

@Tex_77 Busch beer I have had many go to’s over my life time and it I can drink without ill effects the next day

• Walton's Employee

Buuuusssshhhhh. Whatever that guy is who does those videos cracks me up

• @Jonathon Pretty certain I will have a PK100 in my garage here shortly. Decided to get a dedicated processing area set-up first. I have been processing my own deer and making the same Willie’s Snack Stick summer sausage for decades. This year, I got the urge to try some sticks, which lead me here. Walton’s and this forum have opened up a whole new world for me that I am really enjoying. Rather than lugging all my equipment from the garage to the kitchen (my wife is extremely understanding!), I am going to set-up a processing are in the garage. Decided there was no need adding another piece of equipment to organize until I’m done. Thanks to everyone here, great and helpful group.

Recent Posts

• D

Has anyone made hot dogs using the buffalo cutter/chopper? I caught an amazing deal on deal on one and really want to give it a try! Looking for some guidance! Thanks in advance

read more
  • D

I always trim the glands out (gray squishy stuff) like the previous guy said Eckkehard the German Butcher doesn’t! https://youtu.be/Zmh0ZEZvM0U Here’s is jowl trimming video! I prefer jowls to slab bacon personally!

read more
  • G

Hoops, I don’t know what you’re making but when I make sopressata, instead of pressing I use fibrous casing and double wrap them with tight elastic netting. The end product is very tight

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

24 users active right now (3 members and 21 guests).
Gary Schoenhard, bocephus, allen, Deepwoodsbutcher, Ode -Tom, dwilk1, Boydric, truger, PapaSop, turbokp43, mattbail83, craigrice, Mark R McMurray, twilliams, Miller, WIluddite, jjack78375

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 11.5k posts in 1.8k topics.
We currently have 7.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, wixie.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.