Chicken Parmesan pizza sausage

• Team Blue

C7321CCD-97F4-4BC4-834B-3A60809D7EE3.jpeg 516A4C7B-ACCE-44A5-8110-BFC863B3994E.jpeg B72BD394-6FDB-4EAB-8F0A-CDEF436AC55A.jpeg 952E13F5-CEE5-4F5B-8564-AEEDBCA14159.jpeg
    I finally got around to try my hand at chicken sausage. I used Walton’s Supreme Pizza Bratwurst Seasoning with their hi temp mozzarella cheese. I ground up 3.5lbs of chicken thighs with some of the skin through a 4.5mm plate. Once the chicken was ground I added the Supreme Pizza Bratwurst Seasoning per Walton’s conversation chart. Instead of water I used low sodium chicken broth. With everything mixed I then mixed in the 7oz. of the hi temp cheese. I stuffed them into 24-26 sheep casings. Grilled a few up for dinner and the rest will be going in the freezer. Two things I will do a little different next time. I’ll reduce the amount of cheese as the cheese seemed to be the predominant flavor. I will also reduce the amount of liquid as it seems chicken needs less then pork or beef as the slurry was a little loose.

• Team Blue Regular Contributors Canning Green Mountain Grill

@Retired-RailRoader they look tasty good job

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

@Retired-RailRoader First, those look amazing! Second, yeah, the water content of chicken breast (which is usually pumped within an inch of its life) is great than beef/pork so using less water would be a good idea.

Did you use chicken breast, thighs or what? The best I made were with chicken thighs though the extra processing time was annoying. Next time you do this the Feta and Spinach is great with chicken and I don’t like Feta cheese, or spinach, so go figure!

• Team Blue

Jonathon I used all chicken thighs, 1/2 of them with skin on for some fat. Processing was pretty easy, partially froze them and a single pass through a 4.5mm plate.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size