Beef heart

• I had a home butchered steer heart given to me this weekend. I am thinking about cutting it open and removing all arteries and valves etc, and slicing it into jerky. Any thoughts on it. I have had heart before but as a roast and was quite tasty. Feed back please

• Go to youtube and search for meateater and deer heart. Great video on how to clean a deer heart. Suspect the beef heart is comparable enough. They have a second video on grilling it up with a bourbon butter glaze. I did this with my deer this year and it was delicious. No idea about how it would do with jerky though.

• Team Blue

Denny I’ve never had heart jerky but the boss swears that it’s the best. The plan was to have some available at the shop for Valentine’s Day

• Let me know how yours turns out.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size