smoker issues and questions about pk100

• I am on my second masterbuilt smoker. I made snack sticks last weekend and had the temp on the smoker reading 184. The outside temp was in the 60’s and I couldn’t get the internal temp of the sticks above 141. Had to finish in the oven. That was disappointing. I will now save up for the pk100 rather than buying another smoker. I suspect that the thermostat in the masterbuilt is incorrect. So my question is, on the pk100 when you plug the unit in does it start at a certain temp? If you press rapidly does the temp increase by 1 degree? The masterbuilt beeps with every press so since I am blind I can get it pretty close to where I want it. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

no_eyes_processor Yes, if you press the up button it will move every time you hit it or you can hold it down and it will go faster, I don’t think that is an option though! I don’t think the PK beeps every time you press it but I will check tomorrow and update this. I will also get the temp the smoker begins at, I believe it is 75 degrees or the last set temp but I will let you know that as well!

Verified that the PK does not beep when you press up or down and that it actually remembers your last temp set and goes back to that. I tried all combinations of buttons to get it to go back to a reset temperature on startup but it doesn’t do it. When I plugged it in it went right to 180° which was the last thing I was doing so even fully unplugged it stays as the most recently set temp.

Anyone with the PK-100 parker230 Derek_D I think you both have the 100 and twilliams you have the ss right? Anyone know if a certain button combination will reset it to a certain temp?

OOOOOO Austin what about groups for the type of smoker you have? One for he PK100 then a few for the master built and some others? That way, if anyone has a specific question on a smoker they can just ask that entire group? Would it be an easier way to share knowledge on specific products? Are we getting too crazy here? Am I asking too many questions in one paragraph?

• Team Blue

Jonathon Our cookshack does the same thing. It’s very frustrating.

• Power User

Jonathon yes i have the SS, I have not learned anyway of being able to reset to a factory temp. Mine also does not beep. I give this gentleman all the kudos in the world being able to do this blind. Quite amazing and remarkable.

twilliams Yes, no_eyes_processor not only has an awesome sense of humor but he keeps at it and churns out good stuff!

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at [email protected] with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

14 users active right now (0 members and 14 guests).
TomKat1962

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 17.6k posts in 2.1k topics.
We currently have 9.4k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, drbrown35801.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.