• I never found a way I really liked cooked liver until one day I saw a recipe for Liverwurst, my family always called it Braunschweiger. I edited the recipe from pig livers to match venison livers for size and have made it three years now.
    This year I found You can freeze the meat too much before grinding and I had a hard time getting it emulsified properly. I never got it perfect, but it got close and I learned a valuable lesson for making it in the years forward.
    Braunschweiger cover.jpg

Texture was good, but should have been better, but it still eats good.
    IMG_0724 (Medium).JPG

Recipe on my blog post for this and Youtube video on the process at the bottom.

Long video on making it, so it you got a short attention span, just skip through it.
    https://youtu.be/wAhKKNedUDs

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size