Hotdogs

• Want to make a batch of hotdogs. Not sure if I should make them out of all beef or 50/beef 50/pork. Has anyone made half beef and half pork? And how did they turn out?

• Admin

@syno5 I typically have done 100% beef hot dogs, but a 50/50 split with pork would still turn out great. A lot of hot dogs you see out there are a mix of different meat types. The flavor will be slightly different using different ratios of beef and pork (or chicken, turkey, etc.). It is really just a personal preference as to what type of meat and how much of each meat is used in hot dogs as you’ll find them made in about any configuration imaginable. Adding other meat like pork, chicken, turkey, etc. to a beef hot dog and using a mixture of meats can also have the added benefit of reducing your cost, as other meats are typically cheaper than beef.

In the end, you can’t go wrong with whatever you choose…100% beef, 100% pork, 50/50 split…etc. Hot dogs can be made in any number of ways using different ratios of meats.

• Thanks Austin. I’m probably going to give the 50/50 a shot.Like you said, I think they should turn out fine. Plus I got a lot of Pork Butt in the freezer.

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.