Recent order

• Team Orange

Hey guys just wanted to ask all of you a question.

I purchased a order and the high temp cheese came melted, I noticed my package was delayed in Chicago for over a week with everything going on so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Yes I did send a email about it but I’m not worried about that. My question is since the high temp cheese melted do you think the other stuff in my order is safe? I planned on using it tomorrow and don’t want to get sick, just curious if the heat can do any harm to these products.

Sure Cure
    ECA
    Dextrose

Again not worried about getting the stuff replaced and not complaining one bit about the order, just want to know if it’s safe to use before I start this project tomorrow.

Thank you guys as always!

Team Orange!

• Hi Temp cheese melts at a very high temperature at this temperature(400 F) I believe the ECA would have denatured.

Stay safe

• Team Orange

Andrew A638ACB8-EC00-42B9-808B-666F2CB2C4FE.jpeg

Yeah I think the ups guy had it in his engine lol I don’t know what they did

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee

BobbyMac Obviously let us know if you run into any issues with a replacement.

Sure cure, and Dextrose will be fine, I know there is a temp that would inactivate the cure but it’s above 300 °C so that’s fine. The ECA, I’d bet more than a little money is fine as well but there is a good way to check. The encapuslation is made from either palm oil or cottonseed oi, when you take it out of the package is there a waxy substance all over the place? Obviously I don’t mean encapsulating the “pill” I mean that looks like it has melted and clumped. If not then you are fine, if you do see a waxy substance or anything odd let us know, but I’d find it really unlikely!

• Team Orange

Jonathon Awesome thank you for getting back to me so fast, not worried about replacement I know you guys are great. Just wanted to make sure everything was safe before I added it to my meat. Thank you for clearing that up!

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at [email protected] with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

19 users active right now (1 members and 18 guests).
redman21, drbrown35801

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 17.6k posts in 2.1k topics.
We currently have 9.4k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, drbrown35801.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.