• I be getting some bison (buffalo). They have ground, stew meat, steaks, and a few roasts. I was thinking about grabbing 5 lbs of the stew meat and making some snack stick or sausages. What is everyone’s thoughts on what I should get and make. Or who has made something with it and loved it. By the way I love bison steaks I use to eat them all the time.

• Team Blue Power User Traeger Primo Grills PK Grills Canning Sous Vide Community Moderator

Can’t say I’ve ever had buffalo, but i think making snack sticks out of stew meat would get pretty pricey. I’d probably just go with steaks, hard to beat a steak.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

jeffreyf Bison burgers are pretty amazing honestly, we have a local place that makes my favorite burger and it is a bison burger. For snack sticks or other sausage I don;t know how well that will go. Very lean meat so you would have to add some pork fat or something anyway. If you do go for the snack sticks add pork fat to make up the 20%. So, if the bison was 5% fat and you got 10 lb you would have 5% fat already, so add 1.5 lb to get to 20 %

• Yearling

We eat Bison Bacon Burgers. The Ground Bison is mixed with 25% Bacon ends we grind and incorporate to make the burgers. Season and size according to your taste. They are excellent.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.