Snack sticks.

• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Made some venison/pork snack sticks back this last May. Used the Gigawatt hot. After hanging overnight from ice bath… Tried them. Didn’t live up to the name. Thought they were very mild. Packaged and froze.

Here’s the weird part. Been munching on a package for the last week. They’ve gotten better. Is this even possible? More spicy with heat. My son even commented on this.

Also noticed this with some brats I made. Being frozen doesn’t make sense.

🤔🤔🤔

• Team Blue Regular Contributors Green Mountain Grill Masterbuilt

I’ve had that happen, usually with snack sticks or summer sausage as well, usually the flavor develops a little more after a couple days. I have not made the gigawatt sticks but have had them plenty of times as my butcher makes them every now and then and I’ll pick up a couple packs when I see he has them and they always have some heat to them.

• Team Blue Dry Cured Sausage Admin Walton's Employee Canning

PapaSop I typed out a long in depth response to this and then got it dumped with a reloading page for no reason! Quick recap, I think it is possible for ttaste to develop, I think part is water keeps dehydrating and so the taste is more concentrated. I also think Excalibur might have gotten a batch of red pepper not as hot as normal as other people have said same thing as you about gigawatt. I’d recommend adding ghost pepper cheese to ensure it meets peoples desires.

• Canning Dry Cured Sausage Primo Grills Team Blue Regular Contributors Sous Vide Power User

Jonathon I would think that a company like Excalibur would have very tight Scoville unit requirement to keep their recipes uniform. I have very specific ranges for any peppers from my spice supplier so my food always comes out the same. If they don’t, then I would think that at least they should test and adjust formulas based on ingredients.

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at podcast@waltonsinc.com with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

24 users active right now (3 members and 21 guests).
tmeiners82, GODUCKS, ToddO., Cabelas90, Paul Voth, smoke king, IVERYAN

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 22.6k posts in 2.4k topics.
We currently have 10.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, ToddO..
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.