Carrot Fiber and Water Ratio

• What is the ratio of water to carrot fiber? Can more water be used than called for? And if so will there be any detriment to final product?

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

jramey Great question! Yes, more water can be added when using carrot fiber, it actually holds up to 26 times its weight in water BUT using it at that ratio will destroy your product. When I user carrot fiber I feel adding up to 2 qts of water per 25 lb of meat is okay. Personally I usually stop at 1.5 quarts but up to 2 seems to be fine, beyond that we’ve seen a lot of texture issues in the product. Also, I like carrot fiber far better in fresh product, in cured products I prefer sure gel or even in some situation super bind. We are going to do some stuff in meatgistics University with binders and when to use what one coming soon(ish)

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.