Cowboy Candy (Candied Jalepeno's)
For nine 1/2 pints
- 3lbs Jalapenos
- 2 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Cups of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 3 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Slice 1/8" to 1/4" rings and set aside
- Bring to a boil vinegar, sugar, turmeric, celery seed, garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add in the pepper rings and simmer exactly 4 minutes (stir them to coat rings)
- Remove pepper rings into jars
- Bring to a boil the syrup - Boil hard for exactly 6 minutes
- Ladle over slices
- Remove air from jars
- Clean jar edges and seal
- Water bath can these for 10 minutes for half pints and 15 minutes for pints.
- Allow to mellow for 2 weeks to a month
Eat and enjoy!
Ted Frodyma last edited by
I’m going to have to try this!
A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics
Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at email@example.com with any suggested topics or questions!
Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!
A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.
Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s