Jonathon I am trying pineapple rum tonight, and blackberry margarita’s in the sous vide for Labor day dinner
Sous Vide BlackBerry Margarita
I may have outdone myself. This is one awesome margarita. Be careful these go down real good and can sneak up on you.
- 1 1/2 shots Don Julio white tequila
- 1/2 shot Grand Marnier
- 1/2 shot of simple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 blackberries
- Add all ingredients to a chamber vacuum bag and seal it.
- Sous vide at 146 degrees for 30 minutes
- Once done smash up ingredients inside bag.
- Put bag in an ice bath for 5 minutes
- Add small amount of crushed ice to a beverage shaker
- Cut corner of bag and pour into shaker. Shake to chill
- Sugar the rim of your glass
- Add some crushed ice into bottom of glass
- Pour shaker contents over the crushed ice in the glass
- garnish with a single blackberry
Chef Canning Dry Cured Sausage Primo Grills Team Blue Regular Contributors Sous Vide Power User Cast Iron last edited by
lkrfletcher It’s not even 8:00 am and this is making me thirsty. It does sound great. thanks for sharing
lkrfletcher That sounds great! Have you tried freezing the bag afterward? It may freeze to a perfect ‘blended’ consistency.
Joe Hell that was a first attempt in the blackberry. But I might try that. Thanks
lkrfletcher I don’t think I have ever failed so badly at anything as I did on the Sous Vide Margaritas I tried to make this weekend!
Yeah, It would need to be a house margarita with salted rim. Not a sweet margarita with sugared rim. IMO