Smoked Butts and Sous vide ribs.

• Regular Contributors

Well its my daughters 2nd bday and BBQ is on the menu. Smoked 2 butts last night and will be dropping some ribs in the sous vide here in a few. My girlie loves Smoked meat or as she calls it nummy nummy.

I let her open a present earlier last week as I needed to borrow it. She was ecstatic.

20200905_080045.jpg

• Regular Contributors

Well it was a hit. Did the ribs at 165 for 10 hours and then finished them with a glaze on the kamado at 400 for 20 minutes. I like them this way probably more than the 155 for 24 hours. They still had a little tear and chew. The butt I cooked at 250 till they hit 165 then I double wrapped and put them back on and cooked to 203. Then refrigerated them over night. Took them out chopped and vac sealed in 2lb bags with the added colagen from the tinfoil. Reheated at 160 for 20 minutes in the sous vide then panned and dusted with bbq seasoning. I swore I took a picture, but o well.

For dissert I made oreo delight.

20200905_185833.jpg

• Team Blue

pr0wlunwoof said in Smoked Butts and Sous vide ribs.:

For dissert I made oreo delight.

Good on ya. You saved a piece of cake for all of us right?

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at podcast@waltonsinc.com with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

23 users active right now (3 members and 20 guests).
kyle, bocephus, Tom Guasta, RON PARRISH, Ed Paone, Snake River Smokers, brackec, txoutdoorsman, Coldfoot, Chef, lkrfletcher

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 22.5k posts in 2.4k topics.
We currently have 10.6k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Tom Guasta.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.