• Team Blue Canning Green Mountain Grill

Good evening all,

I made some of the Buffalo Wing Brats a while back and was less than delighted with the results. IT seemed they had a little heat, and so so flavor.

I decided to try to improve the taste so I injected them with Buffalo Wing sauce and then, rolled them in Cosmos Buffalo Wing Dust. If you like Buffalo Wings and don’t mind heat, you need to try this. They are amazing and are a 100% improvement over just the dry seasoning used in the brats when making them.

I am curious if anyone has ever tried High Temp Blue Cheese in a brat and what the results were. That strong flavor may overwhelm anything else but I figure that would depend on the amount used.

• Team Blue

wvhunter1965 I made some buffalo blue cheese brats with goose a few years ago. It was good but slightly on the strong side for my taste.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

wvhunter1965 the blue cheese high temp was excellent and Im sad we discontinued that, specifically for this seasoning. I made it and poured in Franks Redt Hot once and that was amazing but yours sounds delicious too. Got pics?

I do not have pics right now but I should be able to post some the next time I fix them.

While I am on here, why is it that the only way that you guys have most sizes of cellulose casings is in a full caddy costing hundreds of dollars? I would not use that many in 10 years as I only process for myself mostly.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

wvhunter1965 We sell mostly to commercial processors who want them in that quantity (sometimes cases of them) so what we have in smaller amounts we split out here and just can’t do all the sizes in all the different styles. If there is enough requests for specific size in a style Austin would look at adding it.

Understood and I accept that. Its just not possible at this point for me to order in those quantities and forces me to go elsewhere to purchase when I would rather purchase from you guys.

Same applies to the seasonings. It would be great to be able to purchase sample packs for maybe one pound of meat. Not so much for the additives as they are not really unique to a flavor, but, seasonings are a different story. It just sucks paying $20 bucks for a seasoning only to find out you don’t care for the taste. I guess I am just cheap! :)

Again, I understand the dilemma you guys have when deciding what to stock.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size