• I have andouille seasoning for fresh sausage but I think I want to cure and smoke some. Can I just add 1oz of sure cure to the fresh sausage seasoning for 25lbs of sausage , or will it still be missing something?

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

horseshoer Yes and no. It all depends on the salt content of the seasoning. If you are talking about Excalibur’s Andouille then yes you will be okay, it doesn’t have the exact amount of salt you would want but it will be enough. Just make sure you get really good protein extraction and I would recommend that you add a binder like Sure Gel though if you don’t add the binder you will still be ok, you’ll just have a better product if you do.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size