Help!

• I ran my new Weston pro #32 for 5-10min and the auger bearing cooked… I followed the assembly and meat prep and operating instructions to a t. Emailed Weston for help and still have not received a response. The website says the part is out of stock… any thoughts on what to do next so I can actually use my machine and not void warranty or lose the $800 + I just dumped on this product and have several hogs to butcher…
    As far as performance, the grinder worked great for the few min I actually got to use it.
    0352A62C-EDB7-40F4-AC37-EBE84AD09D54.jpeg

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Glass mountain farms What is that? I am sorry I am having trouble seeing that. The #22 I have doesn’t have a washer if that is what that is? Let me know, I am going to go look through parts!

Did you buy this from us? If so I can try to nudge Weston but that may or may not be successful with their recent stock issues.

I checked and we do not have any for a Weston #32 grinder. We have Torey thrust washers but those look much thicker than what yours looks like.

• It’s what I found when I pulled the auger out after grinding. The parts catalog shows a washer style bearing but the machine came with what looks to be a pressed in plastic piece (already installed in the housing) there was no washer style bearing in the packaging when I opened it that can be removed. I think it got hot and came apart leaving the ring you see in pic, the rest is still in the housing. I’ll add another pic if I can figure out how

Glass mountain farms I checked through our scrap parts and obsolete parts as well and don’t have a washer for a Weston #32, sorry! Hopefully, you have luck with Weston. Let me know the diameter of the auger that the thrust washer goes around and we can see if it matches the Torrey. I still don’t think it will work as it is too thick but it might be worth looking at as that could be sanded or ground down

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size